Saturday 8 November 2014

Air travel

What is the future of long-distance transport? I'm particularly interested at this point as I prepare to land back in London, having spectacularly failed to sleep for any appreciable amount of time.

Air travel is captive to the cost concerns of mass transit, making for a singularly uncomfortable environment (unless you're one of a fortunate few), and I don't see any real pressure for that to change.

Planes may evolve, but the drive for economy will always limit the amount of comfortable space for passengers, even as the technology evolves. So, what's the next step in consumer mass transit?

I guess the best hope is for super-fast long-distance air travel, so that, even if the level of discomfort remains, it is fleeting.

My bloodshot eyes look forward to seeing this future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment