Friday 23 August 2013

Snappy title to follow

Last night we held our inaugural Sci-Fi and Fantasy Google Hangout (still working on a snappy name...) to chat about Ray Bradbury's 'The Illustrated Man'. It was pleasing that, though we just picked the most convenient date about a month in advance, it ended up landing on Ray Bradbury's 93rd birthday.

This is the point in most of my posts where I wish I had more pictures to suitably illustrate what I'm talking about. Instead, here is a picture of a kitten who thinks that a duck is a button.




It was an interesting talk - 'The Illustrated Man' is a very interesting book. It's wildly inconsistent in quality - there are some amazing stories, some which feel very underdeveloped, and others which are just plain sub-par. I've been writing a lot about books this year (though I'd still love to be doing more), but it was nice to be able to talk at length with people, 'face-to-face' (sorta).

Looking forward to the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment