Monday 9 December 2013

Short, Sweet, and Aliiiiive!

"Igor, fetch me a syrette of the revivication serum and the electrodes. The big ones."

"Yes, mahthhter. Will you be requiring anothher tethht subthject athh well?"

"No Igor. Tonight, I will be attempting to rethherrect...er...resurrect...the blog!"

"No mahthhter, thhurely it can't be done!"


-  -  -

So, I've been bouncing back and forth from this blog like an indecisive spacehopper. The problem is, as are problems, to do with time. Specifically, not having enough of it. But there you go. I'd like to think that, in the new year, when I'm reading less (or, at least, less draconically), I'll dedicate more time to blogging. But we'll see. 

Reading still all on schedule. Despite a few very long trips last week, I got nowhere near enough reading done (despite having raved about the productivity of flights before), but should make up for it at Christmas. Most recently, I read a book of Celtic Fairy Tales, prepared and collected by Joseph Jacobs. As a part of myth I haven't really touched before, it was fascinating, and thoroughly enjoyable, full of fantastic imagery, outrageously bold heroes, and plots that were equally informative, educational and disturbing, as, indeed, all good fairy tales should be. It you fancy brushing up on your Connlas, your Gruahachs and your Jacks-of-varying-trades, it's pretty inexpensively procured from Amazon or any other faintly disreputable seller (or, now that I think of it, probably free from copyright at this stage). 

Outside of that, I'm working, albeit eeextreeemly slowly on a couple of writing projects (what fun! Remember you can read Winter's Tale here, and the shorter and more whimsical Wordmarket here), and we're getting stuck into the second 'season' of my D&D campaign. Since I've raved about the possibilities and pleasures of such a game before, next time, I might recap some of the more intrepid adventures of the first season... 

Sound interesting? Know any good Celtic folk tales I may have missed? Have a 'best word when pronounced by Igor'? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment